Visas for Visits (Besuchsreisen)
For Summer-Schools and short term study visits in Austria only visas for visits are required.
Issuing the visa takes about 4 weeks after the correct presentation of all the documents. It is necessary to contact the Austrian Consulate General before by phone (see contacts below) in order to agree about the date of the presentation and to ask for the appropriate form for a visitors’ visa. The application forms you can find on the homepage of the Austrian Consulate General (http://www.bmeia.gv.at/botschaft/gk-shanghai/ratgeber/reisen-nach-oesterreich/reisevisum-schengenvisum.html).
The fees of EUR 60,00 must be paid at the presentation of the application in Yuan (RMB) , applying the official exchange rate of the day.
The office is open to the public as follows: From Monday to Friday 9.30 a.m. to 12.00 a.m.
The application must be presented personally. The application form must be filled out correctly typewritten or in capital letters in German or in English by the applicant and signed both in the fields provided and furnished by 2 current photos (coulored, light background, about 3,5 x 4,5 cm, see http://www.bmeia.gv.at/fileadmin/user_upload/bmeia/Fotomustertafel_DE.pdf)
- certificate of a causality insurance (accidents, health and travel)valid for the whole period of the stay in Austria which shows clearly that all the risks are covered (amount of coverage min. EUR 30.000,00)
- signed passport valid at least 90 days longer than the expiration date of the submitted visa
- flight reservation (also for return); to buy only after the issue of the visa with a copy
- specification of the school/academic institution which imparts the courses with name, address and phone number of the institution (furnished by DESC)
- (official) invitation (not elder than 6 month) issued by the authorities of the hosting country or signed the person /organization who invites the applicant (furnished by DESC)
- Guarantee declaration (original) as in the national law of the hosting country of the inviting person /organization (furnished by DESC)
- Hukou (original, not translated) with copies of all the pages
- the program of the Summer-School (furnished by DESC )
Österreichisches Generalkonsulat Shanghai
Qi Hua Tower
3F, 1375 Huai Hai Middle Road
Telefon: +86 (0)21 6474 0268
Fax: +86 (0)21 6471 1554